The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) applies to almost all employers. It covers employers with 15 or more employees, labor organizations, employment agencies and joint labor-management committees. It also applies to state governments.
In this module we will provide you with an overview of the ADA, define disability look at how you can provide better accessible customer service.
This course includes an examination.
- Define disability, impairment, and other key ADA terms
- Understand the concept of providing accommodation
- Be able to provide accessible customer service
o ADA coverage
o ADA and employment
o ADA and accessibility
o What is a disability?
o What is not a disability?
o What is an impairment?
o Consideration of mitigating measures
o People with a record of a substantially limiting condition
o People regarded as substantially limited by an impairment
o Essential functions and qualified persons
- Accessible Customer Service
o Principles of accessible customer service
o Customer service for different types of disabilities
- Customer service for customers with service animals, support persons, and assistive devices