This Ammonia Safety online training course explores the use of ammonia in industrial refrigeration. Ammonia’s physical properties make it an efficient refrigerant, but it is highly toxic and therefore must be used with extreme care. In this course, you will learn about the hazards of ammonia, how to handle and work safely with it, as well as causes and effects of, and how to respond to an accidental release.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Ammonia Safety course, the user will learn:
- The properties and hazards of ammonia
- The ammonia exposure limits, routes of exposure, health effects and first aid measures
- The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
- The safe procedures for receiving, handling and storing ammonia
- The causes and effects of, and appropriate response to accidental ammonia releases
- The emergency preparedness requirements
This online Ammonia Safety course is made up of the following sections:
- About Ammonia
- Worker Exposure to Ammonia
- Receiving, Handling and Storing Ammonia
- Accidental Release of Ammonia
- Emergency Preparedness
This Ammonia Safety online training course was designed for employees in cold storage facilities.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.