This course outlines the key provisions of the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Summarize the stages in the evolution of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Outline the scope of the CCPA.
- Recognize the rights provided to California consumers by the CCPA.
- Review the implications for businesses.
- List compliance requirements for businesses impacted by the CCPA.
- Identify sanctions and penalties for non-compliance.
o Course Objectives
o The Evolution of the Act
o The Scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act
- Consumer Rights Under the Act
o Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
o Requests Based on Rights
- Implications for Businesses
o Which Businesses Must Comply?
o Compliance Requirements
o Private Right of Action for Violations
o Prescribed Process
o Enforcement by the Attorney General
California consumers and businesses
Hybrid, mobile, accessible, audio