This Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] online training course explores what to do as a bystander witnessing harassment or sexual harassment, in the City of Chicago.
Intervening is not an easy decision. There are emotional and sometimes even physical considerations. When should you intervene? Is it even safe to do so? How do you effectively de-escalate the situation? These are some of the questions this training aims to answer, and the in the process, equip you with active intervention techniques.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] course, the user will learn:
- Explain why it is important to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Define sexual harassment according to the Chicago Human Rights Ordinance
- Identify how sexual harassment manifests in the workplace
- Understand institutional structures and cultural conditions that facilitate sexual harassment
- Define a “bystander” and the “Bystander Effect”
- Identify safe and effective intervention techniques
- Recognize how to overcome barriers to intervention
This online Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] course is made up of the following sections:
- Unlawful Harassment and Sexual Harassment
- Chicago Human Rights Ordinance
- What is Bystander Intervention
- Intervening in Safe, Productive, and Active Way
- Handling Complaints
- Barriers to Bystander Intervention
This Bystander Intervention Training [Chicago Illinois] online training course was designed for all employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.