This Elder Financial Abuse online training course explores the many ways financial abuse of elders occurs and what you can do to prevent it. Elder financial abuse refers to the illegal or unauthorized use of an older person’s funds, property, or assets through fraud, coercion, deceit, or other means. To combat this kind of abuse effectively, it is important to understand how it occurs, who is vulnerable, detecting abuse, and reporting it. Elder financial abuse is an issue all banks need to take seriously.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Elder Financial Abuse course, the user will learn:
- The definition of elder financial abuse.
- The types of elder financial abuse.
- How to identify potential perpetrators of financial abuse.
- The factors that contribute to elder financial abuse.
- How to identify signs of elder financial abuse.
- How to respond to suspected elder financial abuse.
- The measures to prevent elder financial abuse.
This online Elder Financial Abuse course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining Elder Financial Abuse
- Identifying Contributing Factors
- Detecting Financial Abuse
- Reacting to Elder Financial Abuse
- The COVID-19 Pandemic
This Elder Financial Abuse online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.