This Job Search for Success online training course explores the contents, objectives, and features of a successful job search. In modules 1 and 2, we will look at the objectives and features of a successful job search, as well as the best way to build a personal marketing strategy. In module 3, we will identify the components of an effective resume, and show you how to build your own resume, step-by-step. In module 4, we will help you to identify job opportunities and to explore hidden job prospects. In modules 5 and 6, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions for writing an effective cover letter, and we will discuss the key components of a successful interview strategy. In the last module, we will give you suggestions and strategies for a successful first day and a rewarding career.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Job Search for Success course, the user will learn to:
- Set personal goals and take a personal inventory.
- Begin to build a general marketing program for a personal job search.
- Note accomplishments.
- Write an effective resume and cover letter.
- Build and use a network of job search contacts.
- Prepare for interviews, present oneself, and follow up.
- Prepare for the first day in a new job and demonstrate that you are a valuable addition to the company.
This online Job Search for Success course is made up of the following sections:
- Marketing Yourself
- Building a Resume
- Job Search Strategies
- Writing Cover Letters
- Interview Skills
- Preparing for Employment
This Job Search for Success online training course was designed for employees from diverse industry sectors who are seeking a job.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.