Banks lose millions dollars each year because of fraud. The internal auditor should be able to understand the types of fraud that threaten community banks, the indicators of those frauds, and ensure adequate controls are in place to reduce the impact of fraud.
This course includes an examination.
- Identify common types of fraud
- Ensure that the necessary policies procedures, processes and controls at your bank are in place to detect and prevent fraud.
o Steps to fraud
o Fraud in banking and financial services
o Fraud in small business
- Who Commits Fraud?
- Characteristics such as gender, employment, and education.
- The effect of a perpetrator's position in his or her organization.
- The effect of age on fraud impact.
- Criminal history
- Internal fraud
- Employee fraud
- Management fraud
- Detecting and Preventing Fraud
o Tips for detecting and preventing fraud
- Types of fraud and methods to protect against them