The Accessibility Standards Training online training course will provide general requirements in the areas of customer service, information and communication, employment, transportation, and built environment regarding disabilities. and aims to identify, remove, and prevent barriers for people with disabilities. This course was designed to help you learn about Accessibility Standards.
Many provinces have taken significant steps towards building a more accessible province and have passed legislation, more specifically:
These provinces have established Accessibility Standards, which will require employers to develop, implement and enforce accessibility standards for people with disabilities.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Accessibility Standards course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the different disabilities;
- Be able to communicate with people with disabilities;
- Recognize some of the barriers people with disabilities can face and how to assist;
- Understand the general requirements in the areas of customer service, information and communication, employment, transportation, and built environment regarding disabilities;
- Understand and meet the requirements of the Human Rights Code regarding disability;
- Develop and implement compliant accessibility policies and plans.
This online Accessibility Standards course is made up of the following sections:
- Customer Service Regulation
- General Requirements
- Employment Standard
- Information and Communication Standards
- Transportation and Built Environment Standards
This Accessibility Standards online training course was designed for organizations doing business in Canada.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Accessible, Audio, Mobile