Learn how to investigate workplace accidents and incidents to find root causes and prevent similar occurrences. Key topics include: legal requirements, building a team, preparation, how to conduct an investigation (gather evidence, interview, analyze the facts), and making effective recommendations. This online Accident Investigation training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Accident Investigation training course, the user will learn:
- Be prepared with a policy, team, and investigation kit;
- Conduct a complete investigation, including how to assess the accident scene, collect evidence and interview witnesses;
- Conduct an analysis and find the root causes;
- Report and follow up.
This online Accident Investigation training course is made up of the following sections:
- What to investigate and why
- Being prepared (policies/procedures, team, investigation kit)
- What to do first (providing medical care, dealing with the immediate risk)
- How to conduct an Investigation
- Secure and evaluate the accident scene
- Collect evidence and gather facts
- Interview witnesses
- Analyze and find the "root cause"
- Report and Follow Up
This online Accident Investigation training course was designed for managers, supervisors and workers who may be involved in accident investigation.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.