This Alberta Health Information Act online training course explores the requirements for custodians and affiliates working in organizations that provide health care services. Learn about personal and health information, duties of custodians and affiliates, and requirements for Health Information Act (HIA) compliance programs.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Alberta’s Health Information Act course, the user will learn:
- The purpose of the Health Information Act (HIA)
- What ”personal information” and "health information" mean in the context of Alberta privacy legislation
- The duties of custodians under HIA
- The requirements for an HIA compliance program
This online Alberta’s Health Information Act course is made up of the following sections:
- Overview of the Health Information Act
- Complying with the Health Information Act
This Alberta Health Information Act online training course was designed for employees and volunteers of organizations in Alberta that provide health care services.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.