This Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM®) Exam Preparation Course online training course explores six domains: planning, leadership, and employee involvement; communication and resources; risk assessment and control; operations and programs; monitoring and measurement; and incident investigation and analysis. In each domain, you will review a series of competencies or tasks.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM®) Exam Preparation Course, the user will learn:
- The differences between policies and goals.
- How to identify safety and health resource needs including budgeting, certifications, standards, equipment, policies, procedures.
- The differences between a union and non-union shop as they relate to safety and health.
- How to identify ethical practices within safety and health.
- How to identify policies and procedures to increase safety awareness.
- The quality principles that apply to safety and health.
- How to identify safety and health management systems.
- Ways to communicate corporate safety education.
- The different educational and training requirements at different levels of the organization.
- The barriers to participation.
- The key hazards and risks, their categories, and the differences between them.
- The core OH&S objectives and key documents.
- How to define, analyze, assess, and prioritize risk and identify corrective action.
- How to prioritize the effectiveness of control measures.
- The core components of an effective policy.
- How to identify data storage security principles and practices.
- The requirements to manage and keep confidential employee data and documentation.
- The soil classifications and the application to work in an excavation.
- How to identify control measures for blood-borne pathogens.
- The elements of a process safety management program.
- The techniques for prioritization of control.
- How to apply your knowledge to provide solutions to scenarios.
This online Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM®) Exam Preparation Course is made up of the following sections:
1. Introduction to the CSHM Exam Preparation Course
2. Domain 1 - Planning, Leadership, and Employee Involvement
3. Domain 2 – Communication and Resources
4. Domain 3 - Risk Assessment and Control
5. Domain 4 - Operations and Programs
6. Domain 5 - Monitoring and Measurement
7. Domain 6 - Incident Investigation and Analysis
This Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM®) Exam Preparation Course online training course was designed for environmental, health and safety employees in a managerial role preparing for the Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM®) exam.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.