The check has existed, in one form or another, since the 9th century. Checks were originally developed as means to make a payment without carrying large amounts of gold or silver coins. The use of checks today has not changed much – they are still an alternative means of payment to cash. However, the make-up of a check has changed.
Bank tellers need to understand checks. Your customers write them, make payments with them, and cash them. This Check Processing online training course will provide you with an overview of checks. We will discuss the elements of a check, the proper procedure for check handling, and the different types of checks you will encounter.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Check Processing course, the user will learn to:
- Outline the process for cashing “on us” checks for both customers and non-customers
- Discuss what you should do when presented with a check from another bank by both customer and non-customers
- Outline the process for cashback or split-check transactions
- Help prevent check processing frauds and scams at your bank
This online Check Processing course is made up of the following sections:
- On-Us Checks
- Other Bank’s Checks
- Cash Back
- Check-Related Frauds and Scams
This Check Processing online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.