This Communicating Negative Messages online training course explores tactful, effective strategies for communicating bad or unwelcome news to others. You will learn strategies for presenting negative messages both inside and outside an organization. You will learn skills specifically designed for the delicate job of delivering bad news. This includes considering legal matters and recognizing cultural differences.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Communicating Negative Messages course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the goals for delivering bad news
- Identify potential legal problems
- Recognize the components of negative messages
- Implement the direct and indirect pattern with bad news
- Apply strategies for refusing routine requests
- Deliver bad news while maintaining goodwill
- Manage bad news within an organization
- Appreciate how other cultures deliver negative messages
This online Communicating Negative Messages course is made up of the following sections:
- Goals in Communicating Bad News
- Avoiding Legal Problems
- Developing Bad News Messages
- Using the Direct Pattern
- Refusing Routine Requests
- Sending Bad News to Customers
- Managing Bad News at Work
- Bad News in Other Cultures
This Communicating Negative Messages online training course was designed for employees, employers, and business communicators.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.