In this Compensation and Benefits Planning for Small Business online training course, we will review the key aspects of an effective compensation plan: salary administration, pay equity, compensation strategies, and benefits.
Your compensation system is a critical part of your overall business strategy. It has a direct impact on your ability to attract and retain employees, as well as on your organizational culture. Whether you are an established business or just starting out, your enterprise will benefit from a well-planned compensation strategy.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Compensation and Benefits Planning for Small Business course, the user will learn to:
- Recognize how a company's compensation and benefits strategy is related to its overall business strategy.
- Identify the key tasks in salary administration.
- List the four compensable factors used to analyze and classify jobs.
- Distinguish between pay equity and pay equality.
- Identify provinces that have pay equity legislation.
- Recall how salary surveys can help a business develop its compensation strategy.
- Distinguish between statutory and voluntary benefits.
- Identify statutory benefits that apply to Canadian employers.
- Identify voluntary benefits that may form part of a company's compensation strategy.
This online Compensation and Benefits Planning for Small Business course is made up of the following sections:
- Overview of Compensation and Benefits Planning
- Pay Equality and Pay Equity
- Salary Administration
- Compensation Strategies—Market Comparisons
This Compensation and Benefits Planning for Small Business online training course was designed for all small businesses.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.