This Conducting Workplace Inspections online training course will teach you how to plan and conduct efficient workplace inspections. A workplace inspection is a planned critical examination of a workplace or a specific area within a workplace. The purpose of workplace inspections is to ensure that new and ongoing hazards are identified, that workers are kept safe and healthy, and to prevent incidents by identifying hazards and recommending corrective actions.
There are several types of inspections:
- Ongoing checks of equipment and work areas conducted by supervisors and workers on a daily basis
- Pre-start checks of new or modified equipment or processes
- Specialized inspections conducted by external experts, such as inspections of pressure vessels and boilers
- Planned, regularly scheduled inspections of the workplace, looking for hazards that could cause incidents, injuries, or illnesses
In this course, we will focus on conducting planned, regularly scheduled inspections efficiently.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Conducting Workplace Inspections course, the user will learn to:
- Outline the objectives of regularly scheduled workplace inspections.
- Describe the composition of a successful inspection team.
- Summarize the actions required to prepare for an inspection.
- Recall how to conduct an effective inspection and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Explain the responsibilities for following up on recommended actions.
This online Conducting Workplace Inspections course is made up of the following sections:
- About Workplace Inspections
- Preparing for Inspections
- Conducting Inspections
- After the Workplace Inspection
This Conducting Workplace Inspections online training course was designed for Manufacturing, General Industry, Joint Health, and Safety Committees, Office Environments.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.