Everyone who works in confined spaces must be trained to recognize hazards, work safely, and know what to do in an emergency. This Confined Spaces online training three parts course covers essential topics such as air testing, ventilation, confined space permits, personal protective equipment (PPE), and emergency planning. This course should be followed by practical worksite training and drills to familiarize workers with the equipment and procedures which they will use for safe work in confined spaces. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Confined Spaces course, the user will learn to:
- Know your duties and responsibilities in performing confined space work
- Recognize the characteristics that define a permit-required confined space
- Understand the types of confined space hazards and why they are potentially harmful
- Know the types of control measures used to ensure a space is safe before and during entry
- Be able to conduct a proper pre-entry assessment and preparation of the confined space
- Understand the necessary procedures for working inside a confined space
- Know what to do in the event of a problem or emergency situation
This online Confined Spaces course is made up of the following sections:
- Responsibilities of Employers, Supervisors, Workers and Contractors
- Recognizing a Confined Space
- Hazard Awareness in Confined Spaces
- Confined Space Permit Systems
- Preparing for Confined Space Entry and Work
- Working Safely in Confined Spaces
- Emergency Planning for Confined Spaces
This Confined Spaces online training course was designed for workers (including outside contractors) who enter and perform work in confined spaces in the workplace.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.