Owners, employers, and contractors must each be clear about their health and safety responsibilities when contracting work. This Contractor Health and Safety online training course will provide a framework to get the contracted work done safely by outlining how to incorporate health and safety aspects into your contracts, from start to finish. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Contractor Health and Safety course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the legal responsibilities of key participants in a contract
- Know what health and safety information should be included in a contract
- Understand the requirements for effective contract management and compliance with workplace health and safety responsibilities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a contract agreement
This online Contractor Health and Safety course is made up of the following sections:
- Definitions & Legal Requirements
- Pre Contract Activities
- Contract Documentation
- Awarding a Contract
- Contract Management & Compliance
- Contract Evaluation
This Contractor Health and Safety online training course was designed for contractors, managers, and supervisors, and Joint Health & Safety Committee members involved in contract development, or in developing a contract health and safety program.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.