This Developing an Occupational Health & Safety Program online training course provides valuable practical guidance on the development of an effective occupational health and safety (OH&S) program to prevent accidents and illnesses. You will learn about the elements of an OH&S program and how to adapt them to conditions in your workplace. Topics include hazard identification, assessment and control, the importance of senior management commitment, and tips for fostering involvement while improving working conditions and productivity.
This course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Developing an Occupational Health & Safety Program course, the user will learn to:
- Describe at least four benefits of an effective OH&S program
- List the key elements of an OH&S program
- Take the essential first steps in developing a program
- Create an action plan to establish a successful OH&S program
- Explain how managers, supervisors, and front line employees can participate
- Access resources to build and maintain an OH&S program
This online Developing an Occupational Health & Safety Program course is made up of the following sections:
- Elements of an OH&S program
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment
- Basic hazard control methods
- Policy / management commitment
- Roles and responsibilities
- Continuous improvement
This Developing an Occupational Health & Safety Program online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.