This Developing Diverse Teams online training course will help you understand the cultural influences that impact any diverse team as you attempt to build harmonious and productive work units. You will learn to build a team that encourages mutual accountability, trust, problem solving, conflict management, and an appreciation for the unique contributions of all. You will also learn to foster enthusiasm about the collective purpose of the team and each person's role in accomplishing that purpose.
Simply putting a group of people together to accomplish a collective task does not make a team. High-performing, diverse teams have a sense of mutual accountability, high trust, methods for solving expected conflicts, appreciation for unique contributions by all, and clarity and enthusiasm about the collective purpose and each person's role in accomplishing that purpose.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Developing Diverse Teams course, the user will learn to:
- Recognize cross-cultural values and norms and their impact on team functioning
- Adapt traditional team building tools and theory to diverse teams
- Determine when team building is necessary
- Build high-performance teams amidst diversity
- Inventory a team's strengths and weaknesses
- Identify starting points for your team improvement strategy
- Provide a sense of belonging, esteem, and trust among team members
This online Developing Diverse Teams course is made up of the following sections:
- Understanding the Idea
- Team Building
- Justifying the Effort
- Cultural Lenses and Your Team
- Esteem and Belonging
- Dimensions of Diverse Teams
- Fostering Appreciation
- Trust: The Indispensable Element
This Developing Diverse Teams online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.