The Earthquake Preparedness online training course is designed to teach children and pre-teens what earthquakes are, where and when earthquakes occur as well how to stay safe by following an earthquake preparedness plan. The course teaches tips for staying safe during an earthquake “drop, cover and hold on” and what to do when the earth stops moving.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Earthquake Preparedness course, the user will learn:
- Discuss what are earthquakes, where they may occur, and when they may occur
- Outline an earthquake preparedness plan
- List the items to include in a family earthquake preparedness kit
- Recall the tips for staying safe during an earthquake
- Explain what to do when the earth stops moving
This Earthquake Preparedness course is made up of the following sections:
- About Earthquakes and their risks
- Foreshocks and aftershocks
- Establishing a plan
- Creating a family emergency plan
- Preparing an earthquake emergency kit
- Tips for staying safe during an earthquake
- When the shaking stops
This Earthquake Preparedness online training course was designed for children, ages 9 to 12.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.