Joint health and safety committees are advisory groups within companies and organizations that help address health and safety issues. They are made up of representatives from both management and labour and are mandatory in all Canadian jurisdictions for organizations with a certain minimum number of employees.
This Effective Joint Health and Safety Committees online training course will discuss how Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSCs) are set up, what they do, and how to make them work effectively in your workplace.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Effective Joint Health and Safety Committees course, the user will learn to:
- Outline the legal requirements for JHSCs.
- Recall how JHSCs are structured and how members are selected.
- Summarize the duties of JHSC co-chairs and members.
- Describe how JHSCs respond to health and safety concerns.
- Explain how JHSCs recommend health and safety improvements to management.
- List good practices for ensuring JHSC effectiveness.
This online Effective Joint Health and Safety Committees course is made up of the following sections:
- About Joint Health and Safety Committees (JHSCs)
- Setting Up Your JHSC
- Running Your JHSC
- Ensuring Effective JHSC Meetings
- Making Effective Recommendations for Health and Safety Improvements
This Effective Joint Health and Safety Committees online training course was designed for employers; All industries
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.