This FCRA: Overview online training course explores the foundations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
The FCRA regulates entities that are involved in lending to consumers, specifically when it involves consumer information. It provides rules and a framework for such entities to produce, transmit, procure, and use this information in a fair manner. It also creates space for consumers to bring forward any grievances they might have if they believe that they have been treated unfairly by these entities or if they believe their identities have been compromised. Banks are responsible for ensuring that provisions are made for consumers to be protected and for their grievances to be heard and investigated.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online FCRA: Overview course, the user will learn to:
- Recognize when it is permissible to pull a consumer report
- Use the knowledge of medical information in a compliant manner
- Report accurate information to credit reporting agencies
- Provide appropriate disclosures to consumer applicants
- Ensure your bank has an Identity Theft Prevention Program in place
- Comply with all requirements under the FCRA
This online FCRA: Overview course is made up of the following sections:
- Obtaining Consumer Reports
- Medical Information
- Furnishing Information
- Risk-Based Pricing
- Identity Theft Prevention
This FCRA: Overview online training course was designed for all consumer lending employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
30 Minutes or Less
Accessible, Audio, Mobile