Forklifts or powered industrial trucks are used to lift, stack and transfer loads in warehouses, factories, shipping yards, freight terminals and other workplaces. While forklifts offer a practical materials handling solution for many businesses, each year they continue to be associated with workplace deaths and injuries.
Forklift incidents can be prevented, especially when employers and workers work together to improve safety and health at work.
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the different types of forklifts.
- Describe the safety hazards associated with forklifts and how to avoid them.
- Explain how to operate a forklift safely.
- Explain how to carry and handle loads safely in various circumstances.
- Recognize the importance of pre-operation checks and forklift maintenance.
- About Forklifts
- Operating Forklifts Safely
- Carrying and Handling the Load Safely
Workers whose jobs include driving forklifts.
Accessible, audio, hybrid, mobile