This Ground Disturbance Awareness online training course is designed for employees of pipeline companies and other utilities who undertake ground disturbance activities. Hitting existing buried facilities can cause a host of problems: electrocution of workers from power lines, explosions and fire from petroleum pipelines, contaminated drinking water from water mains, environmental damage from sewer lines or oil pipelines, service outages from telecommunications lines, and more. In this course, you will learn how ground disturbance projects can be undertaken safely and efficiently, without damaging existing infrastructure.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Ground Disturbance Awareness course, the user will learn:
- Summarize what is and is not a ground disturbance activity
- List the parties involved in ground disturbance activities and their respective responsibilities
- Identify the legislation with which employers and workers need to be familiar
- Describe the ground disturbance process
- Recognize methods for protecting underground facilities and workers during the ground disturbance process
- Outline damage reporting requirements
This online Ground Disturbance Awareness course is made up of the following sections:
- About Ground Disturbance
- The Ground Disturbance Process
- Worker Safety
- Damage Reporting
This Ground Disturbance Awareness online training course was designed for employees of pipeline and other utility companies, as well as companies involved in excavation and construction projects.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.