This Hazardous Materials Transportation online training course will provide an overview of the responsibilities of hazmat employers and employees (offerors/shippers, carriers and consignees) under Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (49 CFR), Subchapter C, "Hazardous Materials Regulations", including classification, packaging, hazard communication requirements including shipping papers, marking, labeling and placarding, as well as incident reporting and security.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Hazardous Materials Transportation course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the regulations that apply to the transportation of hazardous materials (hazmat).
- Recall how hazardous materials are classified.
- Describe hazmat packaging requirements.
- Outline hazard communication requirements: shipping papers, marking, labeling and placarding.
- Find provisions in the regulations that are applicable to specific modes of shipping: road, rail, air and water.
- Locate emergency response requirements.
- Recall reporting requirements in the case of hazmat incidents.
- Summarize hazmat security requirements.
This online Hazardous Materials Transportation course is made up of the following sections:
- Hazardous Materials Transportation Legislation
- Hazard Communication
- Carrier Requirements for Different Modes of Transport
- Emergency Response Information
- Incident Reporting
- Security Plans
- Hazmat Employee Training
This Hazardous Materials Transportation online training course was designed for employers of transportation companies, warehousing companies, chemical companies
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.