This Health and Safety for Small Business [Canada] online training course explores health and safety legislation that applies to small Canadian businesses and how to ensure a safe work environment.
Learn about the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS); how to identify, recognize and control hazards in the workplace; how to establish emergency preparedness and fire Prevention plans; the basics of occupational hygiene and ergonomics; how to conduct workplace Inspections and incident investigations; and develop a health and Safety Program to prevent injuries and occupational diseases.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Health and Safety for Small Business [Canada] course, the user will learn:
- Outline the business case for health and safety in the workplace.
- Locate health and safety legislation that applies to your business.
- Identify the health and safety responsibilities of employers.
- Describe strategies for meeting your health and safety responsibilities.
- Identify workplace hazards.
- Identify key components of an effective health and safety program.
This online Health and Safety for Small Business [Canada] course is made up of the following sections:
- The Business Case for Health and Safety
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Hazard Identification, Recognition, and Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Fire Prevention
- Occupational Hygiene
- Workplace Inspections
- Developing a Health and Safety Program
This Health and Safety for Small Business [Canada] online training course was designed for employers, supervisors and workers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.