Every workplace has hazards and risks, some are minor, some are life- and property-threatening and many fall somewhere in between. This Identifying Hazards and Assessing Risks online training course will teach you to identify the hazards and assess risks in your workplace and learn to protect workers’ safety and health by putting controls in place to reduce or eliminate hazards. In this course, you will learn common methods for identifying hazards – things with the potential to cause harm – and assessing risks - the likelihood that there will be harm from a hazard and how severe the harm will be.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Identifying Hazards and Assessing Risks course, the user will learn to:
- Explain the difference between hazards and risks.
- Describe and use various methods for identifying hazards in your workplace.
- Distinguish between Qualitative and Semi-Quantitative Risk Assessment methodologies.
- Select and use the appropriate methodology for your workplace.
- Outline the hierarchy of controls to reduce or eliminate workplace risks.
This online Identifying Hazards and Assessing Risks course is made up of the following sections:
- Terminology in Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Reducing or Eliminating Risks
This Identifying Hazards and Assessing Risks online training course was designed for employers, supervisors and safety committee members
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.