Every year, a significant number of injuries are sustained from improper use of ladders, both at work and at home. In this course, we will review what you should know about safe use of ladders in the workplace.
Learn about good practice and legislative requirements for:
- Ladders made of different materials: wood, aluminum and fiberglass.
- Step, trestle and platform ladders
- Straight and extension ladders
- Fixed ladders on buildings, tanks, etc.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify features and safety tips for ladders made of wood, aluminium and fibreglass.
- Identify safe set-up and placement procedures for different types of ladders.
- Identify guidelines for safe use of ladders.
- Identify the role of the employee and the manager/supervisor in maintaining ladder safety.
List key ladder inspection and maintenance activities.
- Ladder Types
- Safety Guidelines
Employers, supervisors and workers who provide and use ladders of all kinds in their work.
Audio, Accessible, Mobile