A leave of absence is a period of time during which an employee is absent from work or duty while maintaining the status of the employee. Managing leaves has become one of the more complex and time-consuming responsibilities in the average HR practitioner's world. With numerous legal issues, along with the choices available to employers, it is important that HR professionals have a good grasp of this topic. This Leaves of Absence online training course will cover what you need to know about California and federal leaves of absence.
The practice of managing leaves has become one of the more complex and time-consuming in the average HR practitioner's world. With numerous legal issues, along with the choices available to employers, it is important that HR professionals have a good grasp of this topic.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Leaves of Absence course, the user will learn to:
- Types of leaves, duration, conditions, and eligibility
- Mandatory leaves and voluntary leaves
- Benefits, timing, notice requirements, and job return rights
- Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, and Pregnancy Disability Leave (CA PDL)
- Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Employment and Housing Act disability legislation
- Military leaves
- A variety of other leaves that affect employers
This online Leaves of Absence course is made up of the following sections:
- What is a Leave?
- Timing of Leaves
- Disability Laws and Leaves o Who is covered under the ADA?
- School Visits and Education Leave
- Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Other Crimes
- Military Leave and Civic Responsibility
- Miscellaneous Leaves
- Income Replacement Programs o What is income replacement?
This Leaves of Absence online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
Over 60 Minutes