This Legionella Awareness online training course provides an overview of what Legionella is, the places where, and conditions under which Legionella can multiply, health risks associated with Legionella exposure, as well as Legionella control and elimination methods. Legionella is a type of bacteria that occurs widely in rivers, lakes and ponds, and is also found in buildings’ water systems. As with other workplace hazards, exposure to Legionella can be controlled.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Legionella Awareness course, the user will learn:
- The locations in building water systems where Legionella bacteria can grow
- The conditions that encourage Legionella growth
- The ways in which workers may be exposed to Legionella
- The health risks associated with exposure to Legionella
- The methods for prevention and control of Legionella in building water systems
This online Legionella Awareness course is made up of the following sections:
- About Legionella
- Health Risks Associated with Legionella Exposure
- Legionella Control and Prevention Conclusion
This Legionella Awareness online training course was designed for employees who maintain building water and HVAC systems, as well as those who may be exposed to water mists or sprays at work
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
30 Minutes or Less
Audio, Mobile, Accessible, Video