This Managing Your Career Path online training course provides ideas and exercises designed to help you formulate clear ideas about your career interests, skills, accomplishments, and work values. It will help you focus on career path management, compensation goals, and geographic preferences. This course focuses on self-analysis and assists in career planning, whether you want to find a new job, make a lateral move, get a promotion, or change careers within the same company. All of this information lays the groundwork for you to ultimately focus on your job options and objectives.
Career path management is demanding and requires a candid assessment of what you've done, what you'd like to do, what you do best, and, most importantly, what you want to do next. However, the process has its rewards in that your self-analysis allows you to construct an ideal job profile and to formulate specific career movement criteria that will guide you in seeking and finding satisfying new career opportunities.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Managing Your Career Path course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the different personality types and the jobs that match them.
- Recognize the kinds of skills and abilities that can be transferred to another occupation.
- Review ways to assess a company’s core values and motivators.
- Recall the elements of the two-minute drill and the elevator speech.
- Review the different components of a compensation package.
- Identify various career options.
This online Managing Your Career Path course is made up of the following sections:
- Personality Types and Skill Sets
- Work Values and Job Motivators
- The Two-Minute Drill
- Compensation and Career Options
This Managing Your Career Path online training course was designed for everyone.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.