This Personal Protective Equipment: The Basics online training course explores the basics of the common types of personal protective equipment (PPE) used to help minimize exposure to many workplace hazards. Identify what PPE can and cannot do. This course will look at common personal protective equipment PPE such as hard hats, safety glasses, safety shoes, and chemical protective clothing. Topics include the basics of selection, fit, care, and use of PPE.
This course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Personal Protective Equipment course, the user will learn to:
- The appropriate PPE for many workplace hazards
- The basics of selection, fit, care, and use
- The importance of regular inspection and maintenance of PPE
- The limitations to PPE as a hazard control method
- That there are legal requirements regarding PPE
This online Personal Protective Equipment course is made up of the following sections:
- Common PPE
- Hazard control
- PPE program
- Responsibilities of workers, supervisors and employers
- Basic information and safety tips for the most common types of PPE
This Personal Protective Equipment online training course was designed for workers, managers, and supervisors working in an industrial setting, on construction or demolition sites, and in the forestry and mining industries.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.