Falls from slips and trips are common workplace injuries, which may cause serious injuries and disabilities. Workers, managers, supervisors and committees will gain practical information, case studies and tips to help understand the causes of falls and take preventive measures. This online Preventing Falls from Slips and Trips course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Preventing Falls from Slips and Trips course, the user will learn:
- Understand the causes of slip, trip and fall accidents;
- Understand the importance of preventing falls;
- Know good housekeeping practices and methods that help prevent falls.
This online Preventing Falls from Slips and Trips course is made up of the following sections:
- Basic cause of falls
- How slips and trips occur
- Roles of floor surfaces, stairs, walkways, housekeeping, obstructions, spills, and outdoor issues
- Worker and employer responsibilities
- Prevention of slip and trip hazards on surfaces and floors
- Prevention of slip and trip hazards on stairs
This online Preventing Falls from Slips and Trips training course was designed for workers, employers, employees, managers, and supervisors interested in health and safety in the workplace.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.