Banks are required to provide people with equal access to credit regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, or age (among other protected characteristics). In this online Regulation B: The Equal Credit Opportunity Act training course, we show you how to make sure your bank policies and procedures are compliant with Regulation B (The Equal Credit Opportunity Act).
Regulation B applies to all persons and institutions that extend credit. The Regulation seeks to promote the availability of credit to all credit-worthy applicants by prohibiting creditor practices that discriminate on the basis of any of the Regulation's prohibited bases.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Regulation B: The Equal Credit Opportunity Act course, the user will learn:
- Ensure all credit policies at your bank are compliant with Regulation B
- Ensure all Regulation B rules are being followed at your bank
- Ensure all required notifications are being provided to customers
- Understand the incentives for self-regulation contained in Regulation B
This online Regulation B: The Equal Credit Opportunity Act course is made up of the following sections:
- Special Purpose Credit Programs
- Self-Testing and Self-Correction
- ECOA Requirements
- Enforcement Penalties and Liabilities
This online Regulation B: The Equal Credit Opportunity Act training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.