This Sanctions and OFAC Compliance online training course explores the concept of sanctions and compliance with trade regulations laid out by the Office of Foreign Assets Control. The U.S. Government, through OFAC, uses economic sanctions and trade embargoes to protect the country's economy and enhance its security.
This course explores what sanctions are and who they apply to, and how your business can mitigate the risk of violating OFAC rules by implementing preventative and corrective actions.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Sanctions and OFAC Compliance course, the user will learn:
- Describe a sanction and its importance
- Identify who must comply with OFAC regulations
- Identify a sanction target
- Identify Specially Designated Nationals (SDNs) and Other Blocked Persons
- Understand the importance of OFAC reporting and record-keeping requirements
- Identify the severity of and penalties for non-compliance with OFAC sanctions
- Recognize how to protect your business by implementing a sanctions compliance program (SCP)
This online Sanctions and OFAC Compliance course is made up of the following sections:
- Targets and Specially Designated Nationals
- Reporting and Record-Keeping Requirements
- Practically Speaking
This Sanctions and OFAC Compliance online training course was designed for all employees working in import/export companies.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.