This Small Business Health and Safety Certificate online training course explores small businesses with an in-depth understanding of health and safety in Canada
This comprehensive program provides managers, supervisors and workplace health and safety champions in small business with an in-depth understanding of health and safety in Canada. Participants will learn about their rights under health and safety legislation, how to meet their regulatory compliance responsibilities, and how to foster a health and safety culture by systematically addressing common health and safety concerns in their workplaces.
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Small Business Health and Safety Certificate course, the user will learn:
- Develop an understanding of your role and responsibilities for the creation and maintenance of a healthy workplace
- Find applicable OH&S legislation.
- Know your health and safety roles and responsibilities.
- Determine ways of meeting your OH&S responsibilities.
- Identify hazards and develop safe work practices.
- Take leadership in developing and implementing OH&S programs.
- Understand consequences of noncompliance.
- Exercise due diligence
This online Small Business Health and Safety Certificate course is made up of the following sections:
- Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors
- Workplace Inspections
- Accident Investigation
- Developing an Occupational Health & Safety Program
- Violence in the Workplace: Establish a Prevention Program
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Health and Safety Committees
- WHMIS for Managers and Supervisors
- Office Ergonomics
- Manual Materials Handling
- MuscculoSkeletal Disorders [MSDs]: Prevention
This Small Business Health and Safety Certificate training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.