These Telepro-Managing the Call online training courses focus on those skills necessary for managing the call and are more suitable for those who must use the skills of listening, questioning, and controlling the interaction to bring the call to a timely and appropriate response. These courses include; effective listening, questioning skills, establishing control of the call, and regaining control of the call.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking these online Telepro-Managing the Call training courses, the user will learn:
- Provide examples of verbal responses that compensate for missing visual cues in a telephone conversation.
- Discuss the elements and benefits of real listening.
- Recall active listening techniques to show your understanding of the customer's issue.
- Describe techniques for organizing the information you collect from the customer.
- Explain the purpose of using effective questioning techniques.
- Recall the elements of the information-gathering process.
- Explain when to use open-ended and closed questions.
- Define the elements of "positive" call control.
- Explain the difference between passive and active control.
- List reasons why the customer may seek control.
- Recall techniques for establishing control at the outset.
- Identify and correct behaviors that demonstrate lack of confidence.
- Recall strategies for developing confidence.
- Recall steps in regaining control of the call.
- Identify the appropriate time at which to attempt to regain control of the conversation.
- Describe the phases of the wedge.
- Explain what type of questions to use to retain control of the call.
These online Telepro-Managing the Call courses are made up of the following sections:
- Effective Listening
- Questioning Skills
- Establishing Control of the Call
- Regaining Control of the Call.
These Telepro-Managing the Call online training courses were designed for any employees who interact with internal or external customers on the telephone.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
Over 60 Minutes
12466EN 12468EN 12470EN 12471EN