Workplace violence is a serious issue that affects all business sectors and occupations. It affects the safety and security of every employee and employer. It claims a high personal cost from the emotional trauma and physical injury experienced by the victims, their families, and co-workers. It also brings a high cost to employers in terms of public image, increased absenteeism, lost productivity, high employee turnover, and increased insurance/compensation costs.
This Violence in the Workplace: Establish a Prevention Program online training course introduces managers, supervisors, and employees to the key components of an effective workplace violence prevention program, providing them with knowledge and tools to take action to eliminate or minimize the potential for workplace violence.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Violence in the Workplace course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the complexity of workplace violence and harassment
- Identify the components of a workplace violence prevention policy
- Identify requirements for implementing and maintaining a workplace violence prevention program
- Assess your workplace for violence hazards
- Identify violence prevention measures
- Identify incidents and other forms of workplace violence
- Recognize workplace violence response procedures
This online Violence in the Workplace course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining the scope of workplace violence, including harassment
- Employer's Legal Obligations
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Hazard Assessment
- Preventive Measures
- Reporting and Investigating
- Emergency Response Planning
- Victim Assistance
- Incident Follow-up
- Training and Education
This Violence in the Workplace online training course was designed for managers, supervisors, and employees involved in the development or implementation of a workplace violence prevention policy.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.