As a part of complying with section 6032 of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (DRA), This Whistleblowing online training course was developed to help you understand the False Claims Act (FCA), its administrative remedies, and federal whistleblower protection laws. The FCA is a federal law to encourage individuals to sue on the government's behalf for fraud. The course covers the basics of the law and what you can do to help prevent fraud.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Whistleblowing course, the user will learn to:
- Define the term "whistleblower".
- Explain what is meant by "false claim”.
- Identify the incentives contained in the FCA for people who initiate whistleblower lawsuits.
- Define the term "qui tam".
- Identify the protections that are extended to whistleblowers.
- Identify factors that should be considered by potential whistleblowers.
- Distinguish between good faith and bad faith allegations of misconduct.
This online Whistleblowing course is made up of the following sections:
- The Laws
- Prosecuting Fraud
- Blowing the Whistle
This Whistleblowing online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.