This WHMIS online training course explores the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System – WHMIS – and how to effectively apply it at your work. The purpose of WHMIS Regulations is to protect all workers who could potentially be exposed to hazardous products during work. WHMIS is aligned with the worldwide standard, the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (or GHS). We will describe this system’s rules and formats for managing hazardous products. The systems described in this training are required federally, and enforced in each province or territory by jurisdictional government departments or agencies responsible for occupational health and safety.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online WHMIS course, the user will learn:
- The responsibilities of the suppliers, employers and employees under WHMIS.
- The WHMIS hazard classes and categories
- How to recognize the WHMIS pictograms and the danger associated.
- The information required on the supplier and workplace labels and Safety Data Sheets.
- The procedures for dealing with safe use, storage, transfer and spills of hazardous products.
This online WHMIS course is made up of the following sections:
- Responsibilities under WHMIS
- WHMIS Divisions, Hazard Classes and Hazard Categories
- WHMIS Pictograms
- Supplier and Workplace Labels
- Safety Data Sheets
- Safe Use, Storage and Transfer
- Spill and Leak Procedures
This WHMIS online training course was for all employees in Canada who work with or could be exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace. If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.