This Handling Violence in the Workplace online training course will help prepare you and your company to effectively manage violent situations should they occur.
One out of every four full-time worker is harassed, threatened, or attacked on the job each year. That is a shocking statistic, yet most companies do not have a written policy on workplace violence, have not taken preventative measures, and probably do not understand the causes or warning signs of such behavior. While you hope a violent situation never occurs in your company.
To create a workplace that is a safe environment for everyone, it is important to acknowledge that violence can occur in your company and that there are plans and programs that you can put in place to help prevent potentially volatile situations. You and your organization can:
- Learn to recognize warning signals of employee violence.
- Assess the factors that can directly or indirectly increase the potential for violence.
- Implement a prevention plan.
- Start a training program to help employees deal with threats or violent behaviors from co-workers.
- Manage potentially violent situations should they occur.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Handling Violence in the Workplace course, the user will learn to:
- Define the parameters of violence.
- Identify potential causes of violent behavior.
- Recognize warning signs.
- Review your organization’s hiring and training procedures.
- List preventive measures and plans.
- Recall various training options for employees.
- Review methods for managing different types of violent situations.
This online Handling Violence in the Workplace course is made up of the following sections:
- Strategy 1 — Define Workplace Violence
- Strategy 2 — Reduce Risk
- Strategy 3 — Manage Potentially Violent Situations
This Handling Violence in the Workplace online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Audio, NASBA CPE - QAS Self Study
|NASBA CPE Credits