This Harassment Prevention Training [NY] online training course explores how to prevent harassment and illegal discrimination by delving into federal and state laws that govern this issue, the role of employees in this matter, and how supervisors and employers are expected to handle complaints of harassment and illegal discrimination, should they arise. You will find a detailed discussion in this course on key New York City (NYC) and New York State laws, as they highlight the stringency of compliance requirements for harassment prevention training in the state. You will be required to familiarize yourself with state laws, federal laws, and NYC laws (if you work in NYC).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Harassment Prevention Training [NY] course, the user will learn:
- Why it is important to maintain a mutually respectful and harassment-free workplace
- Illegal discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation, drawing on statutory and case law definitions
- How to recognize types of harassment and illegal discrimination and behaviors that may be considered abusive, inappropriate, and/or unlawful
- Strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- The rights and responsibilities of employees in addressing and preventing workplace harassment
- What to do if they experience or observe inappropriate and/or unlawful behavior, including the role of confidentiality in the investigation
- The remedies available to victims
- How to identify abusive conduct and its effects on employees
This online Harassment Prevention Training [NY] course is made up of the following sections:
- Defining Harassment and Discrimination
- Laws and Regulations
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- 4Recognizing Harassment and Discrimination
- Accommodation and Retaliation
- Who is Responsible for Preventing Harassment?
- Handling Complaints
- Examples and Case Studies
This Harassment Prevention Training [NY] online training course was designed for all New York employers and employees (including supervisors).
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
Over 60 Minutes
Audio, Video, Mobile, Accessible, NASBA CPE - QAS Self Study
|NASBA CPE Credits
USA > New York