HR Generalists are an integral part of the human resources function in an organization. This comprehensive eight-part certificate program is designed to provide Human Resource managers and supervisors with the skills they need to be effective. This program reviews the role of the HR generalist and explains the fundamentals of employment law. It examines in detail three important and complex areas: terminations and layoffs, wage and hour law, and leaves of absence. It looks at the key role played by HR in recruiting and hiring quality talent and examines current trends in compensation and benefits. Finally, the program reviews the communication skills HR professionals need to succeed and help their organization succeed.
Note that there is an end-of-module exam for all modules other than the first (overview) module. There is also a final exam for the entire program.
This program is worth 12 HRCI credits.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Human Resources Generalist Certificate course, the user will learn to:
- Fulfill your role within your organization
- Know which employment laws affect HR
- Handle terminations and layoffs including performance management, documentation and discipline
- Understand the types of leaves of absence an employee may be eligible to take and how to handle a leave of absence
- Assist hiring managers with selecting quality talent
- Identify the importance of compensation and benefits and HR's critical role in talent management
- Effectively communicate with and coach supervisors
This online Human Resources Generalist Certificate course is made up of the following sections:
- Introduction to the Human Resources Generalist Certificate Program
- Introduction to Human Resources and the Generalist Role
- Employment Laws and Human Resources
- Federal Terminations and Layoffs
- Federal Wage and Hour Law
- Federal Leaves of Absence
- HR's Role in Selecting Quality Talent
- Compensation and Benefits Trends
- HR and Supervisory Communications
- Human Resources Generalist Certificate Program Final Exam
This Human Resources Generalist Certificate online training course was designed for HR managers and supervisors; HR practitioners.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.