This Leaves and Accommodations online training course provides an overview of Federal laws which cover employee leaves and accommodations, such as the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADAAA). The course also discusses the importance of privacy and confidentiality as it relates to these specific acts.
In this course, you will gain a solid grounding of some of the major U.S. laws that cover a company's employment relationship with its employees; however, it does not cover every law that applies to employment or those which apply in other countries.
This course will focus on the U.S. laws that you will most likely deal with as a manager. This course applies to residents of the United States, as International laws may differ. It is meant to serve as a reference or guide. If the content of this course differs from the laws of the state or city in which you reside, follow the rules of your state and city.
Please note that these laws do change from time to time, so it’s best to get advice from legal counsel if you have a difficult employee situation. Each issue is unique, so consider each matter separately.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Leaves and Accommodations course, the user will:
- Explain the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and its application.
- Explain the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) and its application.
- Describe privacy and confidentiality as they relate to the FMLA and ADAAA.
- Identify how the FMLA and ADAAA work with other leave laws.
- Identify how to manage medical restrictions and other requests for accommodation under the ADAAA.
- Describe the practical and legal requirements of Workplace Accommodations under ADAAA.
This online Leaves and Accommodations course is made up of the following sections:
- Exploring Leaves and Accommodations
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- ADAAA and Employment
- Confidentiality And Return to Work
This Leaves and Accommodations online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.