This Safety in Bloodborne Pathogens for Canadian Employees online training course explores the symptoms and risks of major bloodborne diseases and how to reduce your risk of exposure to contamination. Exposure to bloodborne diseases is a serious concern for employees in many sectors of the workforce. Bloodborne pathogens are the disease-causing microorganisms found in blood, as well as in human blood components and products. This course will show you how exposure to bloodborne pathogens occurs and provide guidelines for protecting yourself and others.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Safety in Bloodborne Pathogens for Canadian Employees course, the user will learn:
- The symptoms and risks of major bloodborne diseases
- The components of an exposure control plan
- How bloodborne pathogens are transmitted
- How to reduce your risk of exposure to contamination
- The proper personal protective equipment to use in exposure situations
- How to handle a contamination emergency
This online Safety in Bloodborne Pathogens for Canadian Employees course is made up of the following sections:
- Bloodborne Diseases
- Exposure Control Plan
- Reducing Exposure
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Handling Contamination Emergencies
This Safety in Bloodborne Pathogens for Canadian Employees online training course was designed for employees in Canadian workplaces where there may be a risk of exposure to bloodborne diseases.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.
31 - 60 Minutes
Audio, Accessible, Mobile, Video