This Safety in Bloodborne Pathogens for Employees online training course will show you how exposure to bloodborne pathogens occurs so that you can help protect yourself and others.
Exposure to bloodborne diseases is a serious concern in today's world. Because of this concern, in 1991 the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) created a regulation dealing with bloodborne pathogens – the disease causing microorganisms found in blood, and also human blood components and products.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Safety in Bloodborne Pathogens for Employees course, the user will learn to:
- Recognize the symptoms and risks of major bloodborne diseases.
- Identify the components of an Exposure Control Plan.
- Explain how bloodborne pathogens are transmitted.
- Reduce your risk of exposure to contamination.
- Know the proper Personal Protective Equipment to use in exposure situations.
- Handle a contamination emergency.
This online Safety in Bloodborne Pathogens for Employees course is made up of the following sections:
- Bloodborne Diseases
- Exposure Control Plan
- Reducing Exposure
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Handling Contamination Emergencies
This Safety in Bloodborne Pathogens for Employees online training course was designed for employees in workplaces where there may be a risk of exposure to bloodborne diseases.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.